Discover our Frequently Asked Questions below,
Filter by Keyword for specific topics.
For more support contact us
- I want to work for the AUC. Where can I send my application ?
To apply, please visit our online recruitment database E-recruitment page where you can then create your Profile and submit your application online. The Commission request all applicants from AU Member States to send online detailed CVs in accordance with the format indicated. The Commission further encourages all applicants to forward their respective application directly to the address specified above.
- Where is African Union Commission headquarters located ?
- I have dual nationality status, which nationality will be considered for employment ?
In the application form, specify preferred nationality as the nationality you want to be considered for, however you should have supporting papers notably a passport confirming your citizenship of the preferred nationality country.
- Can I apply for an internship ?
- As an Intern, Can I receive financial assistance from the AUC ?
Financial aid is not available to interns through the AUC.
- How can I contribute to the work of the AUC ?
The Organization accepts voluntary financial contributions if consistent with its aims and activities.
- I have a project to advance the goals of the African Union. Does the AUC offer financial, logistical or legal assistance ?
No. Being an Organization of sovereign states, its resources are allocated only to programmes which have been officially approved by its members. However, there are several ways Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) can collaborate with the AU on its activities.
- I have a school assignment about the AUC. Where can I find more information ?
Please visit our website for more information about the AUC.
- Does the AUC offer scholarships ?
The AU offers no general scholarship or student exchange programme.
- What countries does the African Union Consider applications of it's citizens ?
Based on it's mandate African Union will only consider applications from nationals of the following countries.
- I received an email from a AUC organization and/or a AUC official. Could this be a scam ?
Some electronic messages may falsely state that they are issued by, or in association with, the African Union. See Official Warning from the AUC. Please be aware that the AUC does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
If you are in doubt please address your concerns to AUC Recruitment and we will confirm the authenticity of the communication.
- What are the minimum requirements for each job category ?
Please before you apply for a vacancy ensure you meet the minimum requirements any application that does not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Grade Educational Qualification Minimum Work Experience in Relevant Field Age Preference D1 Masters 10 years of which 5 is at senior management level 35-50 GSA5 Diploma 5 years 25-35 GSA6 Diploma 10 years 30-50 P1 Bachelors 3 years 25-35 P2 Bachelors 5 years 25-35 P3 Masters 6 or 8 years depending on Educational qualification 30-45 P4 Masters 10 years 35-50 P5 Masters 10 years of which 5 is at senior management level 35-50 P6 Masters 10 years of which 3 is at senior management level 35-50