Why Join the African Union
Why Join The African Union
The African Union (AU) offers you the opportunity to pursue a career in a rewarding and challenging work environment with great learning and development possibilities. In addition to the prospect of building a career within your field of expertise, working with the AU can offer a fulfilling environment that gives you satisfaction by providing the platform to contributing to the grand Agenda 2063.
The AU empowers you to get to know different cultures as part of a challenging and diverse work environment, with people from all over Africa working towards The Africa We Want.
These opportunities are offered in a variety of key program areas, including:
- Conflict Resolution, Peace & Security
- Infrastructure & Energy Development
- Agricultural Development
- Trade & Industrial Development
- Visa Free Africa
- Democracy, Law & Human Rights
- Promoting Health & Nutrition
- Migration, Labour & Employment
- Promoting Sports & Culture
- Education, Science & Technology
- Youth Development
- Economic Integration & Private Sector Development
- Diaspora & Civil Society Engagement
- Gender Equality & Development
The AU offers a competitive remuneration package (salary and benefits), which includes: a tax-free salary, full relocation, installation allowance, dependency allowances, children education grant, comprehensive medical plan, staff retirement plan with generous employer contribution, group life insurance, annual leave, and home leave.
Staff Diversity Programme
As enshrined in Staff Regulations and Rules, the AU's recruitment policy attracts staff from member states who meet the highest efficiency, technical competence, and integrity standards. The approach is driven by the values of competition, fairness, and professionalism by giving significant consideration to gender equality and appropriate youth representation.